The Violin Makers Association of British Columbia is organizing an instrument exhibit and competition to be held March 23rd at the UBC School of Music building. To participate please fill in the expression of interest below.
The exhibit provides an opportunity to highlight the quality and diversity of instruments made in British Columbia and for makers to show off their instruments including bows.
The competition portion will provide feedback to instrument makers and reward outstanding tone and craftsmanship of instruments.
Violin, Viola, Cello and bows made at any time in B.C.
- Anyone can submit instruments to be displayed (makers, collectors, dealers, retailers)
- No limit to entries
- Can be old or recent
- The instrument maker can be living or past
- No cost other than membership required
- Makers can accompany their instruments, and business cards and pamphlets are allowed (no signage)
Violin, Viola, Cello, and Violin, Viola, Cello Bows made in the past 10 years in B.C.
- Limit to 2 entries per instrument/bow type
- Made in the past 10 years
For further inquiries contact Stephen.Churchill@gmail.com.