“To Encourage the Development of the Art of Violin Making”
Who we are: A group of amateur and professional violin (and other instrument and bow) makers who provide mentoring and instructions to fellow members. The Association welcomes guests and those new to making, as well as players and the plain curious. The goal of the club is to reduce the barrier for those interested in violin making by providing resources (books and videos), as well as mentoring and instruction.
Our constitution, as revised on January 16th, 1981:
- The name of The Association is the Violin Makers Association of British Columbia.
- The objects of the Society are:
- to encourage the development of the art of making violins, violas, cellos and stringed instruments played with a bow and the making of bows.
- to hold competitions for the making of stringed instruments played with a bow and the awarding of prizes and recognition for the makers of the instruments.
- to hold exhibitions, displays and shows of the instruments.
- to assist and encourage the members by lectures and holding workshops.
- to provide a library and books for the use of the members and to publish books.
- to affiliate and become a member of associations and organizations having object in whole or in part similar to those of the society.
- The operations of the Society are to be carried on chiefly in British Columbia.
- In the event of dissolution of the Association, under the Board of Trustees, all library books and sales books, all the money assets, less $100.00 shall be given the Vancouver Public Library, the Secretary to receive the $100.00 to cover clean up operations.